- Dry hands or face:
- Aloe vera – Why not growing an aloe vera plan in your home or work environment? Aloe plants are easy to grow. (You can carry an aloe vera leaf in your car or bag if you can’t grow the plant. One leaf can last a long time) simply squeeze some aloe vera gel from the wider part of the leaf and rub it in on the desire surface.
- Avocado – Don’t throw the skin after scooping out the fruit, use the left overs and apply directly on hands or face.
- Vegetable oil – moisturizing your skin with olive oil or any available vegetable oil when your skin is dry is an excellent way to prevent dry and cracked skin. The best way is to rub in a small amount of oil on wet skin. No need emulsifier to combine the oil and the water. The rubbing is doing it on the spot.
- Cleaning your hands from germs – Carry some citrus fruit or peels with you. If you are not near a source of water and soap, peal the skin of a lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit and rub it on your hands. The citrus oil extracted from the peel has antibacterial properties making it perfect for killing germs. Your hands will also smell good with this skin care hack.
- Refresh and nourish your face – The office space tends to be very dry especially because of the air-conditioning. Causing our skin look and feel very dry. Making some green tea or chamomile tea? Don’t throw away the tea bags and apply all over the face, neck and under eye. Your skin will feel softer and naturally glowing from the cool tea bags full of antioxidants.
- Itchy skin – whether it’s from dry flaky skin, rash or bug bite, an aloe vera gel can help relief the itchiness almost immediately. Another alternative is to place ice cube or something cold from the fridge and apply on the itchy spot for a quick relief. And another alternative is to carry a calendula salve with you wherever you go.
- Minor cuts, scrape or sunburn – See skin care hack #1 about the aloe vera gel.
- Mosquito repellent – If you grow a geranium plant and simply rub some leaves on your skin when needed. This may do the trick with those tricky insects. Another alternative is to carry geranium essential oil and an electric diffuser. Here are some for example: Electric Diffuser for Essential Oil.
We often encounter scenarios that could make us look or feel uncomfortable. From sterilizing our hands through moisturizing and healing our skin, here are some simple skin care hacks that will make you look and feel better.